Commitment to Child Protection
At Nün Academy, the safety of our children is of primary importance. Our school executive leaders, owners and the Board of Governors have committed to rigorous child protection practices embedded in our school culture that include:
- a formal Child Protection Policy that provides guidelines for all staff around child protection principles for the school.
- Child Protection Principles incorporated into the school’s recruitment practices.
- appropriate training in child protection for all staff members.
- a formal Child Protection Committee that serves as the custodians of the child protection principles for the school.
- a documented reporting process to refer child protection matters to the school’s Child Protection Officer.
All staff have an individual responsibility to support these child protection practices and contribute to the culture of child protection by:
- adhering to the school’s Child Protection Policy.
- understanding and accepting that the school’s recruitment practices incorporate child protection principles.
- attending or completing mandatory child protection training.
- maintaining professional standards of practice that support the protection of children.
- supporting and contributing to the school’s Child Protection Committee.
- facilitating the reporting process to ensure that all child protection concerns are appropriately referred to the Child Protection Officer.
Nün Academy believes that all children have the right to live in conditions that promote their intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional and moral wellbeing. Our school values of humane consciousness, agency, empowerment, and compassion embody this.